8 TIPS ON WEARING PRINTS
For todays top fashion trend to lighten up your day , i will go with PRINTS
Mixing prints can be a fun way to make a statement, but you want to be sure you’re sending across the right message. Your outfit is most often the first translator between you and the rest of the world, and sometimes what could have been a great look is easily spoiled by one mishap.
from their abstarct florals to the strong tribal ones, prints have managed to make the fashion trend for 2012 again.
Now im going to give some Tips for this trend because as we all know as “naija” babes and dudes want to take fashion as crazy as possible … some mix prints and look like they are clowns or appear as a kaleidoscope. well fear not peeps that’s why I am here
lets reason together on this examples
1. combine artsy polka dots with stripes; this could be as simple as wearing a polka dot top with a striped sweater, but do remember to vary the scale of the print to add more visual interest.
2. A bold striped blazer would look impeccable over a flirty floral dress, but if you’re too timid to make such a statement, opt for a pairing of a floral scarf with a sailor-striped tank.
The easiest way to incorporate different prints into a particular outfit is to focus on a main piece and match a different printed item that is within the same colour family. VERY IMPORTANT
Prints and patterns make fashion fun. But, wearing busy fabrics and having it look good can be difficult. These clothes can make true fashion statements and are great conversation starters if worn in the right way.
1.pair a neutral print with a busy one
2.mix prints in same colour family :Pick up one colour and pattern when it comes to floral prints. You should try prints that compliments your personality and complexion. Floral prints have many colours ranging from dark to light to bold. Designs with small flowers are ideal for a summer day out whereas, big or dainty flower designs are perfect when it comes to night out. Pick up light colours to look bright in summer and avoid wearing dark colours like black and grey as they can make you look dull.
3. find a colour in your print and match it :For example, if you’re wearing a shirt with a tribal pattern that has yellow in it, you could wear it with a pair of plaid pants that also has yellow in it.
4. Balance it Out: When wearing a sassy print or pattern, you need to remember to balance things out. If you’re wearing a busy top, pair it with a neutral pant or skirt and if you are wearing a printed pant, wear a plain top.
5.The Print and Pattern Illusion: Anyone can wear prints, no matter their size with these hip tips. Take a look at your body type. If you’re bottom heavy, a printed top and black pants (which can give the illusion of being slimmer) would look fantastic. If you’re top heavy, wear a black top and a beautiful printed skirt. Don’t forget a pair of basic black heels to finish the look.
6.Accessories with Prints and Patterns: If you don’t want to wear bold and busy clothing and don’t think it’s flattering on your body type, you can always wear accessories with prints and patterns. Hats and bags can also play a great role in carrying the feminine look on a bright summer day. A white floral dress can also be accessorised with a scarf.
Shoes with prints and patterns could also be a fun way to dress up your look. When wearing “busy patterned” shoes, wear a basic black dress or jeans and a basic top. This will draw attention to those amazing shoes and will balance out the look.
7. Pick up a colour: Pick up one colour and pattern when it comes to floral prints. You should try prints that compliments your personality and complexion. Floral prints have many colours ranging from dark to light to bold. Designs with small flowers are ideal for a summer day out whereas, big or dainty flower designs are perfect when it comes to night out. Pick up light colours to look bright in summer and avoid wearing dark colours like black and grey as they can make you look dull.
8. Add a solid item to break up the prints : Sometimes, wearing too many prints can be headache-inducing. To prevent this effect, “find two prints that you love, and separate them with a solid,” says Inlander. Just make sure you keep one print above the waist, and one below the waist — like a plaid flannel shirt or scarf with solid black pants and leopard print flats.
You can also try adding a solid-colored jacket to your printed look to give the eye a break and let the rest of your outfit stand out, says Rygorsky. Or use a smaller accent, like a wide solid-colored belt, to give the eye something to focus on.
keep tuned for more tips on fashion trends
Posted on August 24, 2012, in BEAUTY TIPS, FASHION AND LIFESTYLE and tagged Animal print, barcelona, Clothing, Color, Emilio Pucci, Fad, Fashion, Flower, Inlander, Pattern, Pucci, Textile, Wine tasting descriptors. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.