So here’s a quick list of simple Do’s and Don’t to avoid a mixing mess when trying to communicate your stylish statement. here they are
1. combine with neutral colous like white, black , brown or even grey so as to avoid looking as a clown
2.lighten up your accessories with a simple gold or silver
3. for a fitting print trouser “especially stretching material” a cool long top or blazer would do the magic
4. not sure if you want to invest in prints because you may get tired , a print bag or shoe would do
5. ensure you mix prints within same colour family
6. Choosing to mix patterns and prints that are complementary in colour will make each item appear brighter when worn together.
7.pairing items that are complementary in colour: blue and orange, yellow and violet and red and green.
8. Don’t forget about the material. You may have the ultimate print combo in cotton, linen or chiffon, but looking great and staying warm can go hand in hand for the cooler months ahead.
9. Do add a pop/spice it up. Incorporating one non-matching colour into the mix can be a stylish way to break up an otherwise neutral look. For example, a black and white outfit is made complete with a red belt or neon yellow shoe.
10. Do keep things from getting out of control by sticking to simple accessories. Bold patterns need subdued side pieces so as not to overpower the look altogether.
11. Do stick with a neutral palette. Hypnotic floral patterns mixed with multicolour polka dots are best left for Halloween. Instead, opt for a colour scheme that’s more sedate and versatile; try bold black and white.
1. Do not combine different prints together like print top and trouser except its a dress or a jumpsuit. you are not selling flowers or animal skin
2. Do not wear a print shoe with a print dress, try a Neutral plain shoe or sandals.
3. Never combine check and strips with prints……that is disastrous
4. Heavy accessories doesn’t do it.
5.Do not wear a print from head to toe because you would be single handedly murdering fashion
6.less is more with prints — if your outfit resembles as though you’re applying for circus school, chances are the public will think so too.
7. Don’t overdo your print mixing. Flowers and animal prints are great patterns, but not necessarily in the same outfit. That would be killing .
8. Don’t go for small and busy patterns together. This looks messy and unkempt. One bold, graphic element will work better to pull your outfit together.
9.Don’t fear a little bit of clash. The key to mixing and matching different prints is to test how far you can go without crossing the line. The best way to go about this is to have two different prints in your outfit balanced out with a solid colour.
10. Never wear printed accessories when wearing clothes in busy prints or patterns.
11.No matter how you do it, enjoy your prints and patterns and above all have fun with them. Just remember not to overdo it.